For more permaculture and environmental related happenings, please see Weekly Happenings and Other Regular Happenings below, and the Adelaide Greenies Calendar on the footer at the bottom of the page.
PermacultureSA Events Calendar
Back to Top
- Every Monday (not public holidays), Back to Basics, a half hour program with an environmental and ‘natural living’ theme on 5RPH 1197AM; 9:00pm. Has What’s On in Green Adelaide segment, contact Harry Harrison with details of your meetings, workshops, courses etc.: harryrarefruit <at> gmail.com
- Friends of the Earth’s Clean Futures Collective meets 5.30pm, Conservation Council of SA, Level 1, 157 Franklin Street, Adelaide SA 5000. Contact 8227 1399 or visit http://www.adelaide.foe.org.au
- The Environment Show on 3D Radio 93.7FM 7:30 – 9pm
- Gawler Farmers’ Market. Weekly event every Saturday morning from 8am until 12noon in the Gawler Visitor Information Centre car park (corner of Murray St and Lyndoch Rd, Gawler)
- Goodwood organic co-op & Clarence Park co-op . Clarence Park Community Centre. Contact Jeremy 8371 2060
- Willunga Farmers Market. Main Road, Willunga, next to Alma Hotel. From 8am to 12:30
- Adelaide Hills Farmers Market. 8:30am to 12:30pm every Saturday; rain, hail or shine. Find the market on Mann Street in Mount Barker.
- Barossa Farmers Market, Crn Nuriootpa and Stockwell Rds, Angaston. From 7:30 – 11:30am
- West Croyden Community Fruit & Veg Swap, 10 – 10.30 am. McInerney Reserve, Kilkenny (parking on Pinda St, off Kilkenny Road) Contact Julietta: 0435 530 839
- Victor Harbour Farmers Market 8am to 12.30pm every Saturday, Grosvenor Gardens, Victor Harbor.
- Adelaide Showground Farmers Market, Goodwood, enter from Leader St. From 9am – 1.00pm. For details: ph 8231 8155 or visit them on FaceBook
- The Ecofaith Community Meeting 1st and 3rd Sunday, in the park opposite the Hackney Hotel. All people of good will are welcome to join, bring a cup if you remember and something to sit on if you want.
- Battunga Country Growers Market, at Davenport Square, Macclesfield, 10am – 3pm. Musicians, buskers, a soapbox, food and craft, mostly organic and all handgrown and handmade. email@example.com
Other Regular Happenings
First Saturday of the month, The Urban Orchard, homegrown fruit and vegetable exchange meets 10.30am-12noon, Clarence Park Community Centre, 72-74 East Avenue, Black Forest. Contact 8227 1399 or visit http://www.adelaide.foe.org.au
The Semaphore Fruit and Veg Swap happens on the last Saturday morning of every month, 10 to 11am in the Garden Cottage at Bower Cottages Community Centre, 200 Bower Road. Visit website here
3rd Tuesday of odd months, 7.45pm, Rare Fruits Society, Burnside Community Centre, 401 Greenhill Rd, Tusmore, corner of Portrush Rd, behind the Burnside Town Hall. Tel John: 8252 3929
Last Wednesday of every month: Women in Black Vigil, Silent Vigils against War and
Willunga Basin Group – currently in recession – Contact Joyce Ph 8557 7956, firstname.lastname@example.org to get it happening!
3rd Sunday of month, Gumeracha Country Markets, Town Hall, Albert St. 10am-4pm, Michel 8389 1149
3rd Sunday of the month, Wirrabara Producers Market, opposite Wirrabara Hotel.
3rd Saturday of each month, Sustainable Community SA One Planet Market from 9am – 12pm at the Payneham Community Centre, Payneham Rd, Payneham
Last Sunday of month, Tours of the Aldinga Arts Eco Village Contact Lynda ph 0408 200 326 for more info
Every 2nd Saturday, meeting of Eastern Suburbs permaculture group, contact Sandy Brown 8369 3280. Meets 10.30am at Uncle Albert’s Cafe Norwood
1st Monday of every Month, Herb Society of SA: Murray Smith Hall, Woodville. Contact Iris: 8445 6645
1st Tuesday of Month Natural Health Society at Unley. Contact Elinor Dunstone on 8277 7207 for details
2nd Tuesday of month, Alternative Technology Assoc. meets 7.30pm at the Tower Hotel Function Room on corner of Magill & St Bernards Rds. Contact Jack 8261 9049
2nd Tuesday of most months, Eyre Bioregional Group meeting, Salvation Hall, Port Lincoln, contact Travis Rogers, email: buandig1 <at> bigpond.net.au Ph. 0448 698 192
Militarisation, on the steps of Parliament House, 5.00pm to 6.00pm. Details from Jillinda, 83417517, or Cathy 82964357
1st Thursday of every month, 8pm, Amateur Bee-keepers Society: Perriam Centre, near the creek in Dunstone Grove, off Nelson or Cornish Streets, Stepney Tel: Brenda 8389 3404
3rd Thursday, 6pm, Permaculture Education Zone (PEZ), Adelaide South West Community Centre, 171 Sturt St. BYO food/drink for a shared meal. E:email@example.com, Mob: 0420 837 961
4th Thursday of every month, 7.30pm, (except December) Society for Growing Australian Plants – Unley Senior Citizen’s Centre. Ph 0410 204 808
Last Thursday of the month, Friends of the Earth’s Sustainable Food and Agriculture Collective meets 6.00pm, Conservation Council of SA, Level 1, 157 Franklin Street, Adelaide SA 5000. Contact 8227 1399 or visit http://www.adelaide.foe.org.au
1st Friday of every month, 5pm The Dowsers Club of SA – Contact Fitz: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Friday of every month, meets 5.45pm Critical Mass Cyclists Rally Victoria Square Fountain
LETS Markets in SA & Seedsaving. Have regular monthly events for their members, which include catch-ups, trading days, dinners and workshops. Contact Candice at email@example.com or visit the website at www.letsadelaide.org
89,198 total views, 2 views today